BRADGATE ROTARY VALENTINE SCARECROW FESTIVAL 2021
RULES AND GUIDELINES
CHARITY NUMBER 1191390
- Everyone is welcome to enter the Scarecrow Festival.
- To participate, entrants must submit completed registration forms by February 8th, made payment and have their scarecrows on display by the required time.
- Registration of scarecrows costs £5 per household.
- These rules are subject to change at any time (without notice).
- Minimum height of one metre.
- Scarecrows to be on display 10am-4pm, 13th & 14th
- All scarecrows must be built from scratch by the entrant(s) (no commercial creations allowed).
- Creativity and Originality-make your scarecrows with that little bit extra, it may be the materials used, the way the scarecrow has been made, how the scarecrow is displayed, or simply a fantastic idea that catches the eye, remember Valentine is the theme!
- You can use any materials you like to build your scarecrow, there are no restriction – with just one exception: pre-moulded or commercially available face masks ARE NOT permitted.
- All scarecrows must be displayed in good taste. Any entrant designing their scarecrow to cause deliberate offence will be disqualified.
- All scarecrows must be displayed at the front of your property to be viewed. They must also be secured in a manner that they will no blow away and will not otherwise be a danger to or possibly cause injury to anyone. Bradgate Rotary will not be held responsible for any damage to Third Party property or people caused by the creation or insecurity of scarecrows. Owners are solely held responsible for the safety and security of their scarecrow(s).
- You agree to photos being taken of your scarecrow and used online and in Social Media.
- By entering the Scarecrow Festival, you confirm that you accept all the rules.
- … the most important rule: Make sure you enjoy yourselves!!
Only scarecrows registered by the deadline will be considered for judging.
Judging will be done by the voting public and by Bradgate Rotary in the event of a tie.
Please contact Lesley 07813623873 or Pat 07711817536 if you need a paper version of the rules and registration form or if you have any problems filling out your form or making payment.